Sunday, August 19, 2012

Conditioning & Me.

2 things that make my heart skip a beat :
1. The Skype ring tune.
2. The Skype message tune.

A little bit on Conditioning -
Conditioning occurs when you pair a controlled stimulus (CS) with an uncontrolled stimulus (US), hence producing a conditioned response (CR). Get it?

CS + US = CR

The controlled stimulus (CS) was originally what we call a neutral stimulus (NS). Any neutral stimulus (NS) paired together with an uncontrolled stimulus (US) long enough will become a controlled stimulus (CS). Okay? Still with me?

NS + US = UR
NS eventually = CS

My theory is that the Skype sounds started off as an NS, paired together with someone I fancied (US), causing my heart to beat faster (CR). And over the long term I began to associate any Skype sounds with this person I fancied hence causing an increase in heartbeat (CR). I'll break it down for you.

Skype Sound (NS/CS) + Fancied Person (US) = Increase in Heartbeat (CR)

Now I've learned to relate those sounds to the person I fancy subconsciously and my heart skips a bit automatically even if it's not who I expect it to be. TADAA! Apparently I do study properly =D

P.s - Just like that, I hope you'll always call me up and tell me about things. Of course I'll ridicule and mock you most of the time but in the end I just really want you to smile.

P.p.s - Sometimes I wonder, you make me happy and smile no matter what. Do I do that for you sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment