Monday, September 30, 2019

Old Stuff - 4

Maybe it's a natural attraction
And that's one of the problems,
But more than that,
This is a pattern,
Repeated since I first could,
I get bored of the people I'm with,
I no longer find anything about the person interesting,
And with that my feelings fade,
And I feel guilty because I feel like we can't take steps backwards,
How do you stop saying I love you without hurting the other person?
I see moments where yes,
I've made the right choice maybe,
I'll most likely be happy if I do this right,
But most of the time,
It doesn't bother me if you're not there,
It's like my being doesn't need you,
What does that mean???
I don't actively seek you out,
I may get worried if you don't text,
Cause you may be dead,
But other than that,
I don't think I actually mind??
Is it supposed to be like,
Hmm yeah this is nice too
Or sure why not.
I don't actively seek you out,
What does this mean???
Does that mean I don't actually need you?
Is that what love is?
Then why are we even together?
All these are resounding in my head,
Are they warning signs?
Is this just the "honeymoon phase"?
What is going on?
I've been asking how people know and why people stay,
And I can't see how??
Does that mean we're wrong?
I don't know what to think

No comments:

Post a Comment