Friday, January 4, 2013

Running & Falling

Something I kept in my drafts but forgot to post up so here.

Running and falling,
It's an endless loop with you.
This heart of mine is covered in scars,
But you won't see,
No you won't see.

So I keep running,
Till I break free and disappear from you.
But I always look back,
Would you chase me?
And I'll stumble.
Would you look my way?
And I'll trip.
You never do.

So I keep running,
And when I feel like I've ran far enough,
When I stop to catch my breath,
I hear a whisper,
I turn and eagerly shout my reply,
Something, anything,
to hold onto that chance.

Silence.
Tears sting and I bite back my words,
I know I've fallen again,
The feeling all too surreal.
So I start running,
Away and further,
To a place where your voice can't reach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment