Tuesday, May 21, 2013

In Another Universe.

I am on a road,
Where am I?
Panic does not come,
I know this place.
Everything looks the same,
Rows and rows of houses,
It doesn't look like it'll end.

I am with someone,
Friend? Strangers?
I can't recall,
Just people with blank faces. 
They ask me,
Do you know how to leave this place?
I say it's simple,
Just head towards that tall building.

I see a tall building now,
There is only one tall building.
A building made from mirrors,
A building made from the sky.
That is where the exit is,
And I know the way.
Wait....
I do?

I lead with confidence,
Beyond each turn taken is the same view,
Yet I know where I am headed.
How is that possible?
I get closer,
Then further,
I am still so sure.

I am in a dark hallway,
I don't know where I am,
Where were the ones who were with me?
I am alone,
I am lost,
I am far from where I need to be.
It gets darker.

I am awake,
The story has ended,
It was a dream.
But it has me thinking,
Am I alone?
Am I lost?
Am I far from where I should be?


No comments:

Post a Comment