Sunday, May 5, 2013

What You Do To Me.

There is a knock on my window,
You've come again my love,
Like many times before,
I am drawn to you,
I know better but I am still a fool.

Acknowledging you is like being shot,
Okay, that's a lie,
I don't know what it's like to be shot,
So I'll say it feels like the impact of a fall.
The moment your body hits the ground and your spirit is knocked out of you,
But that doesn't quiet describe the feeling does it?

I rewind the music box that plays our tale,
Such beauty,
Such happiness,
Such passion.
It was not love,
I hadn't known then.

I let you in as I always do,
And I smile.
Why have you returned my love?
You returned a smile tinged with mischief,
I've come to stab your heart again my dear.

You're halfway in,
I put a hand on your chest,
As if a final test.
Nothing,
You have no heart for me.

Enough,
I stop you from coming any further.
You look at me,
Confused and surprised.
Confused by the fact that I could say no,
Surprised by the fact that I pushed you out of the window.

I see you fall,
And it is a long fall.
I do not see where you land,
But I can hear the thud.
I do not expect you to come back soon,
I hope you don't at all.
Nor forgive me for what I had done,
I'm sorry for not being sorry.

For a moment I am triumphant,
For a moment I can breathe again,
Then I realise,
There is pain.
I now see an arrow,
Wedged in between my chest.
It's hit my heart,
I know it has,
It is mine after all.

I can't pull it out,
I can't push it through,
It's stuck,
Right in my heart.
Looking at it,
I noticed this weapon is different from the ones before.

I begin to laugh and cry,
How cruel of you to remind me in such a way,
For a knife would require you to come close,
An arrow on the other hand,
Can be shot from far away.

Will I never be free of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment