Monday, May 7, 2012

Judas Kiss.

WARNING : DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS!
Stupid homophobes.

There, don't say I didn't warn you beforehand.

Watched a movie by the title of "Judas Kiss". Basically it's a movie with a relatively strange concept with a relatively different outlook. The story revolves around a hot but washed up homosexual movie director who is somehow put in a situation whereby he now holds the decision on whether his past self should continue with the mistakes he has made. Did that make any sense? Technically it's like those movies where the person from the future comes and tries to change the past and shit, just that this movie didn't have the time travelling stuff. A little bit more spoilers at the bottom =D

When PAST                          meets FUTURE 
in the PRESENT.

The movie gave me the feeling that the main character Daniel Reyes was in a constant limbo, he kept trying to change a past that can't seem to be changed. The current him is trying to change the him from 15 years ago yet they both coexist in the same time frame. An even older version of him is shown to constantly appear in the movie, acting as a guide but it was kinda indicating that he may be unable to escape his fate. Despite the unique story line, I ended being more captivated by the emotional related script which I'm going to post below. =D

Young DR : So time dude, do we ever fall in love?
Old DR     : I think you know enough about the future.
Young DR : Come on, gimme a hint.
Old DR     : He's into bloody films.
Young DR : Bloody films and Bolex cameras. So what? We live happily
                   ever after?
Old DR     : No.
Young DR : No?
Old DR     : You won't be able to get rid of him, and you'll be spending the
                   next 15 years waiting for him to return your calls.

Watch the movie to understand what the hell I'm talking about. Moral of the story, never, NEVER! Let go of something precious that's already in your grasp.

Overall I'd give the movie a 8.5/10.

Why you ask?
1. Interesting concept of coexisting time frames.
2. The movie showed that homosexual individuals are the same as
    any heterosexual ones just that their preference for mate is different.
3. Made me wonder if fate is something that is sealed or something that can be changed.
4. Reminds me to don't I mean NEVER let any chance slip by.
5...............

I would think of more but it's 1am and my brain is about to crash. Have a Biopsych quiz later in the afternoon and I still haven't read up on vitamin B3 for my presentation in about 7 hours time. As usual, sleep, wake up, do work. Hopefully if I can wake up. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment