Friday, April 27, 2012

Junji Ito Craze.

So I'm just gonna keep posting stuff that's been up with me the past few weeks. Basically I've been stuck on Japanese horror flicks which I so happen stumbled upon on Youtube. Mostly I watch Junji Ito works cause I've read almost all of his comics his most famous work should be the "Tomie" series. Basically it's about this pretty chick who has a trademark mole under her eye that'll never die. She goes around seducing men and destroying lives but always ends up getting killed and hacked up, hence the horror-gore genre. Definitely not your cup of tea if you dislike pointless movies. Technically the Japanese horror industry films things very differently and keeps you wondering even after you've watched the movie, that's my take at least.

Where I got the addiction from originally
Shit I ended up watching
The closest Tomie look-a-like to me

Other than the "Tomie" series that I have not finished, Another movie from Junji Ito I watched was called "Uzumaki" which means Spiral. Now this bloody story is a sick one, correction it's more towards disturbing. It's about a small town getting sucked into multiple strange occurrences involving spirals and and and...... it's just disturbing. But a lot of things from the comic was removed, so that was disappointing =( Also those who watch the movie won't get it at all, it's kind of a cliff hanger ending which epic-ly sucks. So read the comic if you really want to know what's happening. This movie gave me nightmares damn it!

Shit they left out.
Shit they got....partially right. *scroll down*
I still can't look at this for long without feeling scared. *watch the movie to know why*

No comments:

Post a Comment