Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Vow.

So basically this is a short one inspired by the movie "The Vow" which i just watched with me Uni mates, Zaidah, Shreas & Yashi. Don't worry, I won't put up any spoilers here.....well other than the vows that struck me to type up this post. =) Watch it, it's a relatively good movie. Overall 8/10 from me.

"I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands. To speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not. To agree to disagree on Red Velvet Cake, and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home."

"I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other."

A vow. 
A promise. 
An act signifying commitment. 

Such a strong and beautiful thing it is. 
At the thought of these 2 words, one thinks of marriage and of the rituals involved. 
But can't a vow be something simple? 

Remove the wedding bells and the rings. 
Get rid of the holy man and the crowd. 
Push aside all external distractions and the need to impress.

Leave out all but yourself and ask yourself,
"Do you love this person in front of you?"
If the only answer is "Yes."
Then that is the only vow you'll ever need.
=)

I didn't what the usual 2 rings looking magical crap.
So i just mixed it with my Converse fetish. =D
Kudos to the photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment