Friday, November 18, 2011

Staying & Going.

Like a tree,
I've grown fond of the ground i grow on,
The fluttering of each leaf memorized,
The whispers the wind brings.
Just like the voices & the people,
Traveling past me,
Like a blur flash of colors.
So familiar to me,
How bland.

My roots they're lodged in the ground,
Comfortable but somehow,
Eager to be free.
This plane is dry and cracked,
No promise lies within.
I expected too much out of it.
And i'm tired.
Tired of being an old tree in an ever changing land.

Change.
Inevitable.
Yes, that is what i seek.
New Faces,
New Voices,
New Scenery,
New Memories,
New Surroundings
New Emotions.
I want to be able to not expect.
To not predict.
To be awed beyond what my mind can comprehend.

This place,
So many memories,
Bittersweet,
Now more bitter than sweet,
Draining my life away.
I can't wait to break free,
To detach myself from these roots that lock me to my misery.

Every inch i grow deeper,
Is an effort wasted to hold onto ground that has slipped away,
Is another chance for my soul to wither,
Is another lie piled up on top of ones i already know,
Is my heart exposing itself to harm,
Is a question reoccurring.

I can't wait to utter goodbye.
To start over alone.
Yet,
I want someone to give me a reason to stay,
To not let go,
To not disappear.
But no one will.




No comments:

Post a Comment