Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dreaming

After a long time in many many nights, i dreamed.

For a month now i've been sleeping at irregular times and when i do close my eyes, the next thing i know is my alarm clock is ringing. Beyond my sleep there was nothing, no dreams, no thoughts just momentary darkness. But last night, i had a dream, not an extraordinary nor incomprehensibly dream but a dream of a regular day. It was a dream of today with the past intertwining. The dream had everything that already made today but with a slight essence of the me from the past. In the dream nothing was as i would want it but i was fine with it, the dream was as light as a feather. There was no guilt, no fear, just me smiling without looking away. And it felt...great.

I opened my eyes today, thinking maybe i'd just do what i can do to make that dream real. I mean it didn't look too hard. But as i picked up the phone and tried to type up a message....my fingers froze, and everything that hadn't existed a moment ago came flooding into my mind. Slowly, i deleted every word from that message and set my phone back where it was, as if i had never picked it up to start with.

Ah.....so this is what it feels like to be awake?

A simple dream i had, a simple dream i'd like to make real, can i?

No comments:

Post a Comment